They may have been a little slow to take off in Irish homes, however wood-effect tiles are gaining in popularity. You may ask, will this trend last? Read on…
The most exciting thing about the latest designs is the remarkable realism that manufacturers are achieving in their designs. The detail in textures, colour variations and finishes is quite remarkable and with some of our top styles having 12 to 15 faces, it really is possible create the realism of natural wood. The World of Tiles ranges of quality Spanish wood-look tiles come in a wide choice of lengths, widths, tile depths and anti-slip choices, so there is no need to compromise on aesthetic.
Besides the richness of design, there are many benefits of wood-effect tiles:
- Durability: wood-look tiles will look good for longer, being more scratch resistant and water resistant than laminate, engineered or solid wood flooring
- Tiles are water resistant and don’t warp, so are ideal for bathrooms, wet-room walls and kitchens
- Ideal for family homes
- They add a natural warmth to commercial spaces
- All our wood-effect tiles have a matt finish with an R-rating, so are paw-friendly and suited to homes with pets
- Wide range of design choices, mimicking the latest flooring trends such as distressed wood and pale Nordic timber
- Our porcelain ranges R10 and R11 are suitable for use outdoors and some designs can be ordered in 20mm depths for use as garden pavers
- Wood-effect tiles work well with under-floor heating and are better heat conductors than timber or carpets
- They’re suitable for floors and walls, a growing trend
- Wood-look is a versatile style choice, and works well with many décor and furnishing tastes
How long will the wood-look tile trend last?
Will the wood-look stand the test of time? Yes, definietly, particularly the more natural-looking designs. There will always be a place for natural materials in stylish decor, including good imitations.